Friday, February 15, 2013

Decadent and Depraved


The Rolling Stones, Cocksucker Blues

The unreleased and controversial documentary of the Stones made while touring in support of Exile on Main Street. Life on the road with the Stones, groupies, drugs, TV's getting tossed off balconies, etc. The title comes from a song of the same name, also known as Schoolboy Blues, and includes rather subtle lyrics:

Oh where can I get my cock sucked?  
Where can I get my ass fucked?
I ain't got no money,  
But I know where to put it every time

I'm a lonesome schoolboy in your town  
I'm a lonesome schoolboy

Stay classy, Mick. 
The Stones didn't want the film released, as particularly following the debacle at Altamont they felt it made them look like idiots. And it does, but that's why we love them, right? It's entertaining, if a bit uncomfortable at times. Here it is, what they've been celebrated for, taking it to the extreme, and maybe the dark side isn't just some fun little game anymore. And this is the point where I say "It's only rock n' roll, but I like it," right? Musically and artistically, it was all downhill from here.

 

Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill
I saw things getting out of hand
I guess they always will


No comments:

Post a Comment